Peter David is recovering from a series of strokes, along with a mild heart attack. His wife is raising money for his medical bills, and if you enjoy our coverage of his work, please consider throwing a few bucks their way.
Also, this episode contains spoilers for the end of Star Trek: Picard.
Anika and Liz hang out in midair in a turbolift shaft and read pages 106-214 (paperback edition) of Q-Squared by Peter David. Along the way, we discuss…
- Paranoid readings, ie, Peter David did not singlehandedly invent misogyny out of nowhere
- Tommy Riker is the Spock. Yes, really
- Worf/Deanna is a multi-universal constant. Sorry, but it’s true
- So is Worf/Riker. Don’t @ us
- CANONICAL PICARD/BEVERLY
- This was very formative
- Track B Picard = Raffi Musiker
- There’s something a bit cathartic about hating Jack Crusher (the first) as much as we do
- “There’s a particular type of masculinity that people associate with the starship captain.”
- Nurse Geordi and Data the human-oid
- We are taking out a restraining order against the entire Q Continuum
- Trelane obsesses over something Kirk said but doesn’t understand it, making him the ultimate Star Trek fan
- Fan service and nostalgia