“Hey, someone left a naked disassembled android lying around! We should definitely rebuild him!” Anika and Liz, minus their evil twins, discuss “Datalore” … with some Picard spoilers along the way.
- Skip to 00:49 to avoid the big spoiler and also Liz singing
- (Liz actually pronounces French words even worse than she sings, so, um, apologies to France)
- “I apologise to everyone for comparing Beverly Crusher to Darth Vader, however…”
- This is an episode about family, and not just the Soongs
- Breaking down the “Shut up, Wesley” scene
- Picard spoilers from 26:03 to 26:15
- And again from 27:05 to 27:32
- If you are a Wil Wheaton who was forced to participate in the “Shut up, Wesley” scene, you may be entitled to compensation
- But seriously, fandom’s treatment of Wil was NOT OKAY and it’s alarming how little has changed (from alt.wesley.die.die.die to Facebook comments complaining that Bella Ramsey isn’t playing a sexy 14 year old)
- Very, very mild spoilers for Picard from 41:49 to 42:11
- Bigger spoilers from 45:06 to 50:24
- “It’s almost like they can’t understand women as something that are unrelated to men.” THIS APPLIES TO EVERY ERA OF STAR TREK (except Discovery)
- “I mean, just because something is bad doesn’t mean you can’t love it. We’re Voyager fans!”
Extra credits: this episode uses a drop created by Adam Ragusea for The Greatest Generation (go listen), and portions of compositions by Ron Jones. We’re calling it fair use since we were discussing those pieces.