Liz and Anika watch an episode of Star Trek: Continues, and just because it’s not canon doesn’t mean we aren’t going to waaaaaay overthink it!
- we are maybe the wrong audience for a loving tribute to The Original Series…
- a loving recreation of a ‘60s aesthetic … that ends when women sit in the hair and make-up chair
- no one needed an explanation for “Turnabout Intruder”
- imagine a metaphor for Hillary Clinton’s 2016 presidential campaign … but with Spock as Trump
- “Canon should be elastic. Canon should not be a rigid line. Ever.”
- Dr McKennah, the major original character in this series — she’s a total Mary Sue and we love her
It’s the episode where Anika says, “He’s doing a Chekov accent, not a Russian accent,” and we’re not entirely sure if that’s good or bad.