The End! Is the Beginning!
It’s season 1, episode 3 of Star Trek: Picard, and we’re discussing:
- Romulannisters! Uh, are we meant to see this much chemistry between the Romulan siblings? [If this subject matter squicks you, skip ahead to about the 03:50 mark.]
- Smoking and space bongs and visual shorthand in Star Trek
- Ego as Picard’s besetting flaw
- It’s always a mistake to think too hard about the Federation economy, but here we are again
- Does Cris Rios need a baby Yoda?
- Has Agnes Jurati been brainwashed?
- We love our weird new space family and we don’t want a single character to die
- Soji’s job is more interesting than her romance with Narek
- Storytelling via literary references
- What would Soji read? Hit us up at @antimatterpod on Twitter, or here on Tumblr, and share your thoughts!