We’re considering the notorious Star Trek V: The Final Frontier, wildly reviled as the worst Trek movie ever. And, well, we kind of like it! Why?
- Spock turns out to have yet another sibling he forgot to tell anyone about!
- The Nimbus III Three
- David Warner has never been sexier
- Who doesn’t love a space cult?
- Caithlin Dar and Vixis and Uhura, oh my!
We also wonder:
- Is it possible Shatner is a better director than he’s given credit for?
- Does Starfleet need more knitwear?
- Where did they get the palm fronds for Uhura’s nude dance, and how come Kirk never gets to do the sexy dancing?
Content note: because this is a deeply flawed movie, we also have to talk about the murder of the exotic dancer – if you would prefer to skip that content, the discussion runs from approximately 49:20 to 51:52. Or, for a more detailed conversation about sex work in Trek in general, and this scene in particular, we recommend episode 80 of Women at Warp.