Saru goes home again. We start out agreeing we don’t have much to say about this episode, then … talk even more than usual, covering such ground as:
- Can we come up with a different Jeff Goldblum gif for every episode this season?
- This whole episode is exactly why we need the Prime Directive.
- Kelpien worldbuilding.
- Who is the Red Angel? What does it want? Who is it working for?
- Our weekly semi-related digression into other media takes us into video game territory.
- Anika has very strong opinions about predestination paradoxes. We both have a lot of feelings about sickbay design and best practices when it comes to mental health care in space.
- For the benefit of our many listeners who are entomologists, Liz would like to emphasise that she does actually know that spiders are not insects.
- The jury is still out re: Lorca and whales, though.
- The Synthesis ending from Mass Effect 3 (note: violence, disturbing imagery, spoilers)
- @lorcaswhisky‘s consideration of the Aeschylus quote and its implications