Once again, Discovery brought us an episode packed with twists, turns and no half-Vulcans whatsoever, and we are here to talk about it.
Our discussion includes…
- We love Sylvia Tilly the way Philippa Georgiou loves trolling Michael
- Soooooooooooo is Hugh a mushroom now?
- Leland and Pike are old frenemies, and we are into it
- Kat Cornwell is back!
- Anika’s La Femme Nikita AU
- …we also talk Star Wars a bit, because why not?
- Wild speculation about the Picard series
- The mycelial dating network
This is a slightly shorter episode, though, because we both had colds — Anika in particular — and once you edit out the nose blowing, there’s not a lot left. Also, Liz is even more nasal than usual.
Link: The Vulture recap quoted by Liz
Podsketch! So on the one hand, I have some Feelings about the idea that, because Kat is a woman, and older, and in a position of authority, she should be cast in a maternal or nurturing role. My Feeling is, basically, I Don’t Like It.
On the other hand…