Just when we had gotten used to the idea that Star Trek: Picard was a bit rubbish, it went and threw a good episode at us! Anika and Liz are talking:
- redemption and atonement arcs
- Anika has a LOT of feelings about Narek, okay?
- girl-as-mystery-box storytelling (with a semi-relevant interlude of Steven Moffat fangirling)
- Voyager references
- Rihannsu lore is creeping into canon and we are DELIGHTED
- Elnor’s unexpected emotional insight
- Hugh and Seven: parallels and contrasts
We also consider Rios’s internal decorating, the nature of citizenship in the Federation, and the rights of Romulan refugees. These issues are equally important, shut up.