It’s time to discuss Star Trek: Strange New Worlds, season 2, episode 5, “Charades”. Liz eats a pile of bacon; Anika has a lot of feelings about Christine Chapel, and we discuss…
- This episode is a gift specifically for Anika
- The theme of this season is “identity”
- On one level, this episode is a 60-minute mother-in-law joke with bonus ethnic stereotypes, and that is not great!
- Have short seasons killed slow burn UST?
- The aliens of the week are racist AND acephobic
- Spock, honey, you’re a Jewish vegetarian, put down the bacon