Winn’s back! And she’s … First Minister? Anika and Liz put on their robes, dig up an ancient Bajoran city and discuss…
- Winn wants power, but she’s not good at using it
- Why is Shakaar interesting right up until he becomes a love interest for Kira?
- Winn thinks she and Kira are playing good cop/bad cop, and Kira’s like, “Wait, I don’t wanna be a cop!”
- As a portrait of a white church lady on a power trip, Winn has aged VERY well
- We are going to generously assume the Federation is a democracy
- Winn’s desperation for power is a trauma response, because the entire planet of Bajor has PTSD
- She has actual character development (and ceases to be an antagonist to Sisko) in “Rapture”
- The Prophets seem to hate Jake Sisko specifically, which is just further proof they’re not good people
It’s the episode where we compare the Federation to the British Empire!