It’s our tenth episode! But we’re too busy talking about Discovery‘s “Light and Shadows” to notice.
What we did notice and talk about:
- Michael Burnham, the sensible middle child of the family
- Amanda Grayson, 1960s archetypes and disposable mothers in SF
- Sarek: still the worst, but at least he … tries? And has an improbable yet charming amount of faith in Section 31?
- Alice in Wonderland
- Pike and Tyler
- We have divergent takes on Leland and where his story is likely to take him
- Revisiting and retelling old stories
We wound up chatting for much, much longer than usual, so even though this episode runs for an hour, the following had to be cut:
- Speculation about whether or not Michael’s copy of Alice includes Through the Looking Glass
- Anika’s feelings about Prince Charming (of Snow White and Once Upon A Time) as a static character, which has actually been cut twice, now, and you should definitely ask her about it if you’re curious